Hello, how are you?
– Hi! Thank you for this space! We’re all fine, and we are currently busy about concluding the last album promotion phase. After the album release we got a long break – interrupted only by a live showcase in the last February – and now we’ll see what will happens in this final part of 2018: we played a show in Milan some days ago and we’re trying to schedule some shows in others big cities to finally promote our album on the road! We’re still alive…!
Tell us a few words about the band’s history so far
– The idea to establish a band was born in 2011 from Alessandro Scorrano (drums) and Andrea Donaera (guitar). After some line-up changes, in 2013 another guitarist, Matteo Cirfeda, joins the project, and finally we started to compose our own songs. Then, in the middle of 2014 bassist Stefano Bianchini and singer Giacomo Albanese joins too. We are a group of five old friends, all part of the historical underground metal movement in our area, and we’ve known each other for many years: we’re friends, and this is why we care a lot about the band.
You released your debut album a year ago. How do you feel and what’s the feedback?
– The continuous postponement of the album has done nothing but create a little wait in our “followers”, and the answer was honestly excellent because the album was received very well, with numerous positive feedback from both experts and those who are neophytes or simple rock music lovers, and this is just amazing!
Are you satisfied with the final result?
– We could do something more during the promotion phase of the album, but we cannot complain about how it went, and above all, we have received numerous positive feedback and sold a lot of copies. We are very satisfied.
It took 6 years since your formation, to release your debut album. What problems did you face up?
– The album was recorded by Angelo and Ercole Buccolieri at NewStars Rec. Studio in Torre Lapillo (LE): it contains most of the songs composed in 2013 with the first line-up and three other tracks composed with the current line-up, so from mid-2014 onwards. We went very slowly first in the process of composition and review of old songs with the new line-up, then in deciding which producer to entrust and subsequently in starting the work. The first seven tracks were recorded between January and February 2015, then we returned to the studio in 2016 to record the closing track “Can’t Erase my Scars”, and from autumn 2016, with the album practically ready, we started negotiations with Sliptrick Records. Surely it was a long and exhausting process, with many hitches, but we never thought about giving up.
Do you have new material? Any plans for a new release?
– We have three tracks never recorded but which we have been playing live many times. In 2019 we will start composing new stuff, too much time has passed since the last time! From next year, we will try to compose new songs for a second album!
Do you have any plans for live shows?
– As we said, we finally came back on stage on September 15th in Milan, and now we’re trying to schedule others live concerts for this ending part of the year. From next year, we will try also to plan a new tour, maybe with dates outside the national borders!
How is the metal scene in your country?
– We come from Southern Italy and it is really hard for us to be appreciated right here, because people like to listen to other music than Metal. Generally, Italy isn’t a good place for metal music: there’s a good underground scene but this is relegated at few bad-ass metalheads. Most rock fans here follow only mainstream bands and artists
Thank you for this interview. The last word is yours.
– Thank you for supporting underground metal music: don’t stop, we need this! Take a look to our social pages and to our website, where you’ll find our music, news, live dates, photos, videos! Here’s the new link for the site: http://www.serialvice.ga
Thank you and…UP THE VICES!